Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mona Tahawy..Can You Please Stop Being My Liberator?



I won't dissect Mona Tahawy's article "Why They Hate Us" because other writers and bloggers have taken care of that. Nor do I mind that Tahawy relishes and thrives in her spot of fame as an Arab feminist. But I would greatly appreciate it if she ceases to speak on "my" behalf and claim to be "my" liberator..me and the other helpless, oppressed Arab Muslim women. Not only can I take very good care of myself, thank you very much, but I'm far from helpless or oppressed! And she doesn't represent me in any way..not one bit! Oh, and one more thing: this Write-to-Please-the-West style doesn't work well with us.. But then, she doesn't really care what we think now does she?

1 comment:

  1. very well said ya Loubna ... Read a bit into her history and you will know her true colors.. she is just a fame chaser and in its usual naivity our part of the world has glorified her

    Hisham Kheshen

    ReplyDelete